Barnes and Noble

468x60 - Books

Monday, March 26, 2012

Danks to start on Opening Day 2012



When the White Sox take on the Texas Rangers for Opening Day 2012 at the Ballpark at Arlington, John Danks will take the mound for the south siders.  With the departure of White Sox Ace, Mark Buehrle, who normally fills the opening day spot, the White Sox were in need of a new leader of the rotation.  Danks has proved himself over the past few years and has earned the opening day position. In an article by Scott Merkin on whitesox.com, titled Danks honored to receive Opening Day nod, Danks said “Hopefully I throw well and don't embarrass myself. It's a different game than any other game we play all year because of the hype surrounding it, but I'm going to try like heck to approach it like any other game. I think once the game starts, it will feel like just another game."  Taking on the position of opening day starter also brings on new expectations from the organization and from fans.  Although Danks has not many problems on the mound in the past, if he struggles in Texas, Robin Ventura may look to someone else on the pitching staff to lead the rotation.  When asked about Danks, Ventura said, "He's the guy we want to lead off with and count on. And he's willing to take that on. I like when I look in his eyes what I see back."  Hopefully with support from Ventura and other teammates Danks is able to overcome any obstacles and have a successful opening day.  More of this article can be found at http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120326&content_id=27641492&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws

No comments:

Post a Comment